Saturday, 27 December 2008

the holidays (i hate money(

i hate money because my rent didn't go out and i thought it did so i have to fix that on monday. which only further fucks up my finances because i still have to pay for my goddamn visa. meaning i need my dad's money more than ever. it won't go to a laptop like i had hoped but it will cover my visa and then i'll still be able to pay rent next month! i hate money.

i am also not really big on the holidays. i don't have any large set of happy cosy memories of my mom and i doing mother/daughter things and i know that rachel and i mostly raised ourselves. so why on earth would i want someone else's mother to mother me and parent me and order me around. i just don't like it. have enough trouble dealing with my own damn family let alone steve's family who constantly picks at each other. they're all one big scab. even his mother thinks she is some defective person. she walks around saying how her husband is smarter than her, better than her, more clever than her, a better cook than her...yada yada. and if you try to disagree she'll get dejected and tell you not to bother because it's not worth it. jesus christ. just let it go people.

i'm so happy to be home, back in my own domain and away from parents.

i hate money. im' so upset abuot this whole nonsense.

1 comment:

Vanessa K. Wright said...

I hate money too! :) And I really hate spending what little money I do have on buying a new visa. Stupid visa people. I pay taxes and contribute to society, shouldn't that be enough to let me stay in the country? Also, just wanted to say that I second the "away from parents" part of your post. I think not liking your in-laws is a mostly true cliche.